Focus Points in 2020
In 2019 I reached three long term goals that I’ve been working towards for years.
- I got a new car
- I moved into a new apartment
- I finally decided to take my personal training business 100% freelance and work for my self.
Having reached those personal goals, I am now ready for the next step. I want to take my business to the next step, and I believe the new year is the perfect occasion to share my new business goals and ideas with you!
Focus Point #1: New Business Goals
In 2020 I will slowly transition away from personal training in Dubai. I’ve been doing personal training in Dubai for 3 1/2 years, and I LOVE doing what I do. But, I would like to be able to impact even more people and help them in the best way possible, and I feel like online personal training is the way to do so.
So in 2020, I will start doing more online fitness coaching. I specialize in helping women get in the best shape of their lives, and I want to be able to help even more women to do just that!
Over the years I have realized that health isn’t either/or. That everyone is different. Life can get in the way of even the best intentions, and that we need to be able to get creative and work through that. That’s why I now coach a more sustainable approach to health and fitness, compared to what I did back in the good old bikini fitness days.
Why Online Coaching over Personal Training?
I do believe personal training in the gym is the best choice for a lot of people, but even though I do at-home personal training in Dubai, I still see people struggling to fit their scheduled workouts with me into their daily routine. With online training that gets so much easier, because you can do your workout wherever and whenever it works for you. But you still have a trainer to be accountable to, someone who tracks your progress and is there for you, when things get tough.
As my philosophy as a trainer has evolved, I have found that I’m better at helping people that want to get but, but struggle with the same issues as I once had to overcome. A hectic schedule, mental health, injuries & illnesses.
In the long term, I am able to help this group of women better through the flexibility of online fitness coaching. When you’re training online, you can fit in your workout whenever the time is right. You can face your everyday life challenges and be guided through them, one step at a time. In your own time. And that’s why I’m so excited to do this in 2020!
You can read more about my online fitness coaching program and sign up for a free consultation right here.
Focus Point #2: Provide More Value on Social Media
In 2019 started feeling like I had more to say than what could be said here on the blog, so I decided to start a YouTube channel. I knew from the start it would be a long term project and with 203 subscribers after almost 10 months, there’s still a long way to go. But I’m thankful for each and every one of you, whether you follow along here on the blog, YouTube, Instagram or Facebook.
I want to do more than just share my life and my experiences with fitness and life in Dubai. I want to provide value. That’s why I’m trying to learn who’s out there behind the screen, reading my blogs & posts.
I am already writing a series of E-books that will be available to my followers later this year and well as putting together an information-packed welcome package for new online personal training clients, so they’ll have all the most important information at their fingertips from the day they sign up with me.
If you sitting behind the screen right now thinking about a subject you’d like me to cover in a blog & video, I want you to know you can always just send me an email or leave a comment down below. I read and respond to all comments and I appreciate your ideas. Without you, there’s no reason for me to be here!
Focus Point #3: Personal Growth
My 3rd and final focus point for 2020 is personal growth and skill development. It’s a mix of courses I want to take & habits I want to develop over the next 12 months.
- I am already studying to become a Precision Nutrition Certified Sport & Exercise Nutrition Coach. Due to my busy schedule, it’s taking a little longer than I’d like, but I am aiming to finish the course at the beginning of 2020.
- I want to take additional yoga & personal training certifications, just to improve my craft and get better and helping women get in shape. Which certifications I’m taking I haven’t decided yet. First I’ll finish my nutrition course, and then I’ll decide what the next step is. But I am determined to do more certifications in 2020.
- Make health a priority. I’ve already done pretty well on this one in 2019, and I’m taking it with me into 2020 because it’s so important. When I say “health” I’m talking holistically: Mentally, physically, spiritually. That translates into eating healthy, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly & taking care of mental health.
- In connection with the previous point, I also want to work on the habit of meditating for at least 5 minutes every day. Meditation connects me to my purpose and it’s through meditation that I recharge mentally. I need mental energy to improve my mental health, but also to develop ideas and put them into action.